Boiler tubes are a vital part of boiler operations and protecting them is very important as having a boiler down for maintenance can be very costly. One option to protect boiler tubes is using custom tube shields which are the best choice when it comes to erosion and corrosion control methods for boiler tubes. These are also the least expensive method for this purpose on the market as tube shields will extend the life of boiler tubing without an initial high cost. At Valmet we are the top tube shield provider in North America and have the engineering and design capabilities to find solutions to your boiler problems.
- Cost Effective: Our custom tube shields are the least expensive method for tube protection. Compared to other boiler tube life extender methods they are only a fraction of the cost, and with local North American manufacturing facilitates, they can be produced and shipped to you faster than anyone else on the market. Our tube shields are custom designed and can be ready to ship within 24 hours.
- Custom Options: To meet our customers’ needs we offer multiple options of custom tube shields that are designed to be used for both emergency situations and routine maintenance. Options include custom straight shields, custom curved shields, custom economizer shields, and 370° Tube Shields. Our 24/7 emergency call service ensures that our clients will be able to get a response and the tube shields they need to resolve your emergency.
- Planning Ahead and Stocking Programs: Our experts can work with you to forecast how many tube shields you will require for the year, and then manufacture them up front for you at a discounted price. Valmet will then store this inventory of tube shields for you, and can ship them to you as needed. This will prevent extend boiler shutdown service and have you prepared for all emergency situations.
At Valmet we care about all our customers and wish to provide the best service for them. To make things easier for our customers we now accept credit card payments to cut down on paperwork delays and to make the process straightforward and uncomplicated. Along with lightning fast delivery service and response time, we can work with you to develop the best solutions for your requirements.
For more information please contact Jimmy Simms at (304) 518-1114 to learn more about how our custom tube shields can meet all your tube protection needs.
Valmet’s 4th annual Recovery Boiler User Group (RBUG) conference took place this year on January 24 and 25, 2017, in Charlotte, NC. The meeting was held at the NASCAR Hall of Fame located in downtown Charlotte for employees of pulp mills with Valmet Recovery Boilers or other Valmet equipment. Twenty participants representing six major pulp & paper companies were in attendance, coming from the United-States, Canada and Chile. Valmet participants and other guest speakers also included people from the United-States, Canada, Chile and Finland, giving the meeting a true international flavor. The theme of the meeting was performance and reliability and the agenda reflected this theme around the areas of safety, reliability and increased efficiency.
The meeting started with a review of the status of the industry in North-America and the rest of the world, including expansion projects in Europe where a real boom is being seen with the construction of new modernized mills designed to have a larger capacity. Benchmarking information was presented comparing the mill capacity, average age of the major equipment, wood yield and energy and water usage for those modern European mills as opposed to the average North-American mills. This was followed by an update on the bio-refinery development that are taking place that have the potential to help existing and new pulp mills diversify themselves with additional products offering.
Some of the topics discussed throughout the two day meeting included:
- Auxiliary products to improve safety around the recovery boiler.
- Dissolving tank operation including a review of a recent dissolving tank explosion, discussions on current recommendations for recovery boiler and dissolving tank operation by BLRBAC and AF&PA to reduce the potential for dissolving tank explosions.
- Outage experience mostly targeted at what to expect when the interval between major maintenance outages is extended from 12 months to potentially 18 or 24 months.
- Outage services for the recovery boiler offered by Valmet under the concept Liquor to Liquor. This family of services includes outage planning, smelt bed extraction (Smelt-X), washing and removal from the floor of the water wash salt cake accumulations (Wash-X), inspections services including NDE testing (ATS) and boiler tube internal deposit thickness deposit measurements.
- Presentation of the technology used to measure the thickness of the deposit and how it was validated against actual DWD from tube samples, as well as the experience using this technique.
The meeting also featured a Team Building / Networking dinner that took place at Victory Lane Karting. This was a great opportunity for drivers and non-drivers to have a chance to share good food, drinks and entertainment, as well as some competitive spirit amongst the racers. The meeting ended with a final Q & A session and wrap up discussion. Overall this was a great event which received much positive feedback from the meeting attendees.
We look forward to next year’s Recovery Boiler User Group meeting on January 22-24, 2018 in Charlotte, NC. To register please fill out this online form, and for more information on the event please contact Nancy Ries